How We Differ
How does Coral Kids Dentistry and Braces differ from a general dentist?
Coral Kids Dentistry and Braces differs from a general dentist because we are children specialists. Our pediatric dentists, orthodontist
and dental anesthesiologists are all highly-trained and certified, requiring up to an additional three years of specialty training to
become certified specialists in their fields.
As a Niagara kids dentist, Coral Kids offers complete pediatric oral health care services from cradle to college. We provide services for children living all throughout the Niagara region. These areas include St. Catharines, Thorold, Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Port Dalhousie, Wainfleet, Fort Erie, Port Colborne, Smithville, Lincoln, Vineland, Beamsville, Grimsby and even reaching into Stoney Creek.
Reducing dental anxiety is our goal
Everything in our dental office is designed to reduce patient anxiety and to create an inviting and safe place for your child. One of our focuses as pediatric oral health specialists in St. Catharines is to provide a safe and positive dental experience for your child. We believe in educating our patients about the importance of oral health care. We also provide children with coping strategies for any anxiety or fear they may experience. Having these tools at a young age encourages a healthy relationship and lifelong care with the dentist.
Because we know every child is different, Coral Kids prides itself on offering sedation and pediatric sleep dentistry in the
Niagara region, to ensure the best possible dental outcome is achieved. We utilize our different levels of sedation to encourage children
so they will be able to slowly tolerate treatment awake, without fear.
We are inclusive of all insurance types, including the Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO) Program and children
with developmental or medical conditions.
While your child is in the care of our dental specialists at Coral Kids, safety is our number one concern. All of our staff members, from our pediatric dentist, dental anesthesiologists, orthodontist and front office staff are all trained in basic life support. Our anesthesia providers and nurses are also up-to-date in paediatric advanced life support (PALS). These skills are refreshed on a regular basis. This is to ensure every staff member is completely prepared for unexpected emergencies, should the unlikely need ever arise.
As your kids’ dentist in St. Catharines
our goals are to:
- Optimize your child’s oral and overall health while maintaining child safety at all times.
- Maintain a healthy relationship with you and your child in order to develop strong, life-long oral health habits;
- Provide ongoing oral health education for both yourself and your child. This creates the best at home dental care plan to reduce the need for invasive dental treatment in the future;
- Provide you with as much information as possible to ensure you are able to make well-informed decisions about your child’s health care;
- Appropriately screen your child for undiagnosed diseases and developmental problems where possible;
- Provide your child with the skills on how to self-moderate their behaviour and how to cope with difficult situations at the dental office;
- Treat your child in the gentlest and most respectful manner possible.
Children are delicate and require sensitivity, compassion and expertise.