We provide our patients first-hand education on everything from tooth growth and development, oral hygiene, diet, treatment procedure explanation and more.
Our dental specialists pride themselves in teaching our Niagara Region dental patients about the importance of creating long-term habits, fostering compliance and finally commitment to maintaining optimal oral and systemic health.
This will ultimately lower and possibly eliminate the risk for requiring invasive dental procedures in the future.
At every visit your child will receive a routine cleaning to ensure proper habits are being formed and to eliminate deposits that toothbrushes cannot do on their own.
The appointment may involve
(and is dependant on the plan formed for your child):
- Checking the health of your child’s mouth, gums and teeth
- Removing any plaque or tartar from teeth
- Cleaning and polishing of the teeth
- Applying fluoride
- Taking X-rays to look for any cavities between the teeth
- Dental care education
Caries Risk Assessment
During every appointment, Dr. Rullo will perform a caries risk assessment. This assessment from our pediatric dentist in Niagara includes but is not limited to:
- Cavity risk analysis
- Diet analysis
- Fluoride ingestion analysis
- Oral hygiene analysis
- Determine individualized factors that may contribute to tooth decay
Children are delicate and require sensitivity, compassion and expertise.